The Cerebral Palsy Center was founded on 10 October, 1958 as a part of The Mother and Child Institute. Assistant professor dr. Borivoje Radojičić was the first manager. Primarius Dr. Miroslav Zotović, the succeeding manager, continued the work on develoment of The Center by increasing the number of stuff and active international cooperation. In the year 1962 The Center moved to 5 Braće Jerković Street, where the out-patient hospital is still situated.
The Cerebral Palsy Institute was established in 1969 as an integral part of The Institute for Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation of the Republic of Serbia. In 1972 The Center was provided with another building in 17a Sokobanjska Street. Owing to establishing of stationary department and cooperation with schools, children who come from other towns can undergo long habilitation treatment in that building. The Centre continued cooperation with similar home and international institutions. Its physicians, in cooperation with gynecological clinics, monitor infants born with high risk and, if it is necessary, send them to The Centre for further treatment because of the significance of early detection and treatment of cerebral palsy.
The Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Neurology Institute was established in 1980, and in 1990 it became health protection institution with unlimited liability.
Special Hospital for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Neurology in 1997 is an institution in which early psyche-motor development of children born with high risk is stimulated, multiple disorders in children diagnozed and monitored by teams of specialists, and cerebral palsied children and adults given complete medical, psychologic, specialized habilitation.